Friday, January 16, 2009

Theme: Interesting Rock Textures and Formations

After submitting this first image below to a local competition here in Calgary through the Foothills Camera Club, I thought I'd hunt around for some other interesting rock formations in my catalog.  After a bit of searching, I've found these three.

Garganta Del Diablo (Devil's Throat),  Valles Calchaquies, Chile
SD700 IS, 1/60 sec, f/2.8
Mystic Beach, Vancouver Island, Canada
D80, 1/60 sec, f/4.0, ISO100

Atacama Desert, Bolivia
SD700 IS, 1/200 sec, f/5.6

4 comments:

  1. I think I like the Atacama Desert photo the best. You've obviously done some traveling. If you were going to purchase a camera that could last a lifetime of non commercial use, which one would it be. Thanks in advance and great photographs.

    Paul Julian
    Athens, TX
    Webmaster of FreedomWheelchairs.com - Cheap Wheelchairs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paul,

    I currently use the Nikon D-80 with a Nikon 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6

    I have my eye on the Nikon D7000 16.2MP DX-Format which is light weight and takes great photos (from reviews I've read). If you're looking for a camera to "last a lifetime" the initial investment of a pro series camera (Nikon D3 for example) would definitely be more but they are generally more durable in their construction.

    Happy camera hunting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the advice. We are looking at cameras as a gift for our daughters wedding. I'll let you know which one we go with.

    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are some great rock formations. I find it fascinating how rocks get those amazing shapes and textures.

    You got some nice shots here.

    Selena,
    Author at Cellulean

    ReplyDelete